How to unlock mynsfas
How to unlock mynsfas
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has opened its application process for the 2022 academic year.
NSFAS aims to provide financial support to disadvantaged students, who wish to study at public universities or TVET colleges.
The bursary is available to all South African citizens, SASSA grant beneficiaries, those with a combined household income of R350 000 or less per annum, persons with disability with a combined household income of no more than R600 000 per annum, and students who began studying before 2018 whose household income is less than R122 000 per annum.
You will need an existing myNSFAS portal account along with an NSFAS wallet account.
Be sure that your current cellphone number is saved on the myNSFAS portal and that this number is connected to the phone you’ll be using to unlock your NSFAS wallet.
How To Unlock Your NSFAS Wallet By Cell Phone
- Dial *120*176#
- Choose the option which reads ‘Unlock with OTP’
- You will now be sent a One Time PIn (OTP) through SMS
- Type in the OTP given
- Click enter
- You will then receive another notification which will tell you that your account is unlocked
- You should now be able to get into your NSFAS wallet account again
NSFAS-Funded students who qualify to receive allowances directly from NSFAS will receive cash funds in their NSFAS Wallets. Your NSFAS Wallet will allow you to withdraw cash or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS.
For any other NSFAS Wallet questions, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to provide the following information in your email:
- Your ID number
- Your full names and surname
- Your cellphone number and email address
- Your physical and/or postal address
- Full description of your query
NSFAS is the National Student Financial Aid Scheme which is a government loan and bursary fund for students. NSFAS bursary applications and registrations are open in the latter part of the year for students who want to study in the next calendar year.
How to track your myNSFAS application status:
- Log in to the NSFAS account on the myNSFAS student portal here
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress
How do you check if NSFAS has funded you?
In order to access your application status:
- Click on Track Funding Progress.
Once you have followed these three easy steps, you will be able to see whether you are funded or not. It may take some time for your application to be successful so please be patient.
How To Upload Documents
- Go to my.nsfas.org.za and log in using your details.
- Click on the option to ‘upload outstanding supporting documents’
- Then click on the tab ‘Submit Documents’
Once you have done this then you will receive a notification saying that ‘Outstanding application documents submitted successfully uploaded’.
If you did upload the documents but there was a problem the most common issue is that the documents are not clear. If you have a problem taking photos with your cellphone you can go to an NSFAS or an NYDA office and they will assist you. If there is not an NSFAS or NYDA office near you, and you have applied to a college or varsity then ask their fees office to assist you.
Here is how you can create your myNSFAS account:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.