meaning of nsfas application status
meaning of nsfas application status
NSFAS is checking your academic records and institution admission status to confirm that you fit the criteria for NSFAS funding. This is due to the fact that NSFAS must wait for information from your chosen college.
If you’ve applied for NSFAS support, they have probably informed you of the status of your application. However, this can be confusing, and it isn’t always clear what you should do next. So, let’s break down the application statuses so you can find out what’s next.
How to track my nsfas application status
To check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
What does my NSFAS application status mean?
Means: Application successfully processed and funding process has been completed.
What you need to do: Register and attend Classes.
Eligible for funding but, awaiting confirmation of academic admission
Means: Applicant qualifies for funding, but we have not yet received admission confirmation from an institution. Until such time as admission has been confirmed, funding will not be approved.
What you need to do: Inform institution’s Financial Aid Office.
Verifying the household income with third party sources
Means: We are still verifying the student’s household income with credit bureaus to confirm that the income declared is under the R350 000 threshold.
What you need to do: Wait. No action required.A message will be sent if funding is approved and academic admission is confirmed.
Means: The application has been received and needs to be assessed by a case worker at NSFAS to ensure that all information on the application has been correctly captured.
What you need to do: Wait. No action required. A message will be sent if funding is approved and academic admission is confirmed.
Means: Applicant’s household income is above the R350 000 threshold and therefore rejected. Or applicant has previous qualification and does not qualify for NSFAS. Or applicant has not been admitted to a university or TVET College.
What you need to do: No Action.
How to apply NSFAS funding
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Documents needed for nsfas account
On this valuable link, candidates can obtain supporting documentation for application for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
Since instructions are important in every application, read the nsfas application instructions before submitting your application after you’ve learned how to apply.
Requirements for the NSFAS online application
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are critical during the application process and must be met in order for the NSFAS board to approve their application.
Very Useful Links