My nsfas application form
My nsfas application form
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government bursary that is available to underprivileged South African students who are looking to study at a public university or TVET College. They provide funding for registration, tuition and allowances, these allowances cover transport, living expenses and learning materials.
When applying to NSFAS they need students to upload supporting documents in order to approve them for funding and the bursary will often withhold any allowances unless all the necessary documents have been submitted and approved.
How To Upload Documents
- Go to my.nsfas.org.za and log in using your details.
- Click on the option to ‘upload outstanding supporting documents’
- Then click on the tab ‘Submit Documents’
Once you have done this then you will receive a notification saying that ‘Outstanding application documents submitted successfully uploaded’.
If you did upload the documents but there was a problem the most common issue is that the documents are not clear. If you have a problem taking photos with your cellphone you can go to an NSFAS or an NYDA office and they will assist you. If there is not an NSFAS or NYDA office near you, and you have applied to a college or varsity then ask their fees office to assist you.
NSFAS Funded students will receive the following:
- Once off-book allowance for textbooks and other learning materials
- Meal allowance
- Travel allowance for students staying at home
- Accommodation allowance
The requirements to be funded by NSFAS are as follows:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be accepted or applying to a Public South African University
- SASSA grant beneficiaries are immediately accepted
- Household income must come to below R350 000 per year
- People with disabilities need to have a household income that comes to below R600 000 per year
NSFAS applications usually open in August or September every year for University students.
How to Create myNSFAS Account 2023-2024
If you want to create a myNSFAS account, follow the step-by-step below:
- Go to NSFAS website www.nsfas.org.za online
- At the top right side of the page, click on the myNSFAS tab
- Make sure you have all your supporting documents with you
- Then, click on “Register” to begin the process
- Check the acceptance option to allow NSFAS to verify and validate the information you have given
- Enter your ID number as it appears on your ID document.
- Type your name and surname as they appear on your ID Document
- Enter your cellphone number and email address
- Then, create a password and verify the password for your account
- Upload a copy of your ID document
- Click on “Register”
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the cellphone number and the email address you provided
- Visit your email address and the cellphone number to check One Time Pin (OTP)
- Enter the OTP in the space provided
- Click on the Submit tab
- After submitting, you will then receive an SMS and email message confirming the creation of your myNSFAS account. Remember that without myNSFAS Account, you will not be able to apply for NSFAS and Check your Status.
You can now proceed to the NSFAS Online Application process for the 2023 academic year.