my nsfas wallet
my nsfas wallet
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
You can use your NSFAS Wallet to withdraw cash and/or make purchases at any NSFAS-registered merchant. Allowance amounts are decided in cooperation with institutions and communicated to NSFAS at the time of registration.
- When your NSFAS Wallet account is created by NSFAS, you will receive a “Welcome” SMS advising you to verify your account.
- Ensure at ALL times that you have access to the cell phone number you provided to NSFAS upon application, as this is the number we will use to deposit your funds.
- Should you wish to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our cash withdrawal merchants, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores. Note that these stores have daily cash withdrawal limits from R200 – R1000 per day.
- Spending at a registered store has no limit i.e. you can spend up to the maximum value of your cash wallet.
What are the requirements for receiving NSFAS allowances via NSFAS Wallet?
• Your own cell phone and valid SIM card
• You must sign your NSFAS Bursary Agreement if you are a new student to NSFAS
• You will not need to withdraw cash to pay your landlord or any registered merchant.
How to get started (1st time users)?
• Receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
• Verify your account by dialing *120*176# and reply with your ID number
• Receive a password that you will use when transacting. Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times as anyone with access to your password may access or spend your money. It is advisable to log in to Celbux.appspot.com with your 5 digit password and update your password to something more secure and memorable.
• Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Very Useful Links