mynsfas application status
mynsfas application status
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Successful candidates will be notified of their status via SMS, email, and a link in their myNSFAS account once NSFAS has completed the decision process. Use your myNSFAS account to keep track of the status of your application.
You might be anxious about your prospects of being authorized if you have not gotten a response to your application. You can check the progress of your application here to see if you’ve gotten any answers as a candidate. Please follow the instructions in this website’s step-by-step guide.
How to check my application status for nsfas
To check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
How to apply NSFAS funding
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Documents needed for nsfas account
On this valuable link, candidates can obtain supporting documentation for application for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
Since instructions are important in every application, read the nsfas application instructions before submitting your application after you’ve learned how to apply.
Requirements for the NSFAS online application
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are critical during the application process and must be met in order for the NSFAS board to approve their application.
Who should not apply?
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
Very Useful Links