mynsfas check status
mynsfas check status
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government-run organization that reports to the Ministry of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS offers financial aid in the form of a study bursary to qualified students who want to or are currently enrolled in TVET colleges or public universities.
When NSFAS has finished with the the decision process, they will let the successful applicants know their status through an SMS, an email and through your myNSFAS account. To check your application status on your myNSFAS account.
If you have not received a response to your application, you may be worried about your chances of being approved. To discover if you’ve received any responses as an applicant, you can check the status of your application here. Please follow the steps outlined in the step-by-step guide on this website.
How to view my nsfas status 2023-2024
To check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Here is how you can create your myNSFAS account:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Very Useful Links
For more information on nsfas click here