NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
NSFAS Connect was recently developed in order to facilitate communication between the organization and its beneficiaries. NSFAS Connect makes it simple to get information from NSFAS by allowing you to access it through your myNSFAS account.
NSFAS has established a new feature on their website called NSFAS Connect in order to improve ways of engaging with students. You can use NSFAS Connect to communicate with NSFAS more quickly and directly. Here’s how to put it to work for you.
However, how do I use NSFAS Connect to log a case?
- To start a case, go to the ‘Get Help’ tab.
- Select the category of your query type
- Complete the field that says ‘Short Description’ by summarising your query
- Complete the field that says ‘Description of the issue’ by explaining in full what your query is
- Add an attachment if you need to
- Click on ‘Submit’
After logging a case via NSFAS Connect, how will I receive an answer to my query?
NSFAS will send you an email when your case has been updated. Alternatively, you can continue to monitor NSFAS Connect for feedback on your case.
Will I be able to view my cases within the NSFAS Connect portal?
Yes, you will be able to view your cases within the NSFAS Connect portal.
- Log into your myNSFAS account on www.nsfas.org.za
- Click ‘myNSFAS’
- Click ‘NSFAS Connect’
- Click ‘My Cases’
- Here you can view all the cases you have logged via the portal
- You can also access your cases through call or email
Very Useful Links