Nsfas appeal application form
Nsfas appeal application form
How To Appeal NSFAS Rejection
If your application is refused you can appeal to NSFAS to reconsider.
The Appeal form for NSFAS can be downloaded from the NSFAS website, www.nsfas.org.za and must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office at the institution. students can submit appeals directly to NSFAS, along with the required documentation, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSFAS Rejection Appeal Requirements
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- A material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- The student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved postgraduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
Have You submitted the appeal form and want to check your status again,
how to check your NSFAS Status
Students are encouraged to log in on the myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status update, for those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.
Download NSFAS appeal form 2023 pdf
The National Student Financial Aid System (NSFAS) is a South African government student financial aid scheme that helps undergraduate students pay for their higher education after they graduate from high school. The Department of Higher Education and Training funds it. The program additionally oversees bursaries, for example, the Funza Lushaka Teacher Bursary (for understudies seeking after a showing capability), DHET Disability Bursary and different bursaries from the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs).
- Please complete all the details below to enable the processing of your appeal, incomplete appeal forms will not be considered.
- Appeals will only be considered on valid grounds. The types of appeals are listed below for indication.
- NSFAS Funding is governed by national policy, therefore appeals for post graduate studies or unfunded programmes cannot be considered.
- Please write in capital letters and attach all re Levant documentation (e.g. death certificate, medical records, proof of loss of income etc.)
- Appeals will be considered by the Institutions Financial Aid Committee or designated committee for recommendation to NSFAS.
NSFAS is aware that there are many circumstances that may lead to students not being able to meet academic performance requirements. These may include, but not be limited to, medical conditions, death of an immediate family member, etc. Please submit substantive documents to provide proof of these circumstances.