nsfas application for unisa 2023-2024
nsfas application for unisa
There has always been a question concerning NSFAS allowances when it comes to Unisa students. The NSFAS bursary is different from what other university students receive because Unisa is a distance university. NSFAS contributes to Unisa’s budget. Because the curriculum at Unisa differs from that at other universities, the NSFAS allowances are distributed differently to students.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who qualifies nsfas application for unisa
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply nsfas application for unisa
Here are the steps to follow to apply for the NSFAS
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review
How to Submit an NSFAS at unisa Application
Go to this website page to learn how to apply for the nsfas online application after reading the methods for applying. To avoid rejection, applicants must read the section on “how to apply for nsfas online application” attentively to understand the method for applying to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) board.
The online application forms for the nsfas can be found here. Make sure you’ve read and understood all of the instructions before starting the application process.
Application instructions for the nsfas at unisa
Before submitting your application, read the nsfas application instructions after you have learned how to apply.
Requirements for the nsfas online application
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are important during the application process and must be completed prior to applying for the Scheme to avoid rejection by the NSFAS board.