Nsfas application opening date 2023-2024
nsfas application opening date
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
NSFAS has announced that eligible students will be able to apply for this academic year. From August 17 until September 3, applications will be open for two weeks.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online Application when opened
NSFAS Online Application for 2023 can be done using your computer, tablet, or any other smart cellphone. Before applying online, make sure you have all your supporting documents and that you qualify to apply. If you meet the NSFAS Application requirement for 2023, then continue the online application process. Follow the steps below:
- Visit NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
How to Check NSFAS Application Status
In order to check NSFAS Application Status, you must follow the simple steps below:
- Visit NSFAS Status website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, login to myNSFAS account, if you don’t have one, create one. Click HERE
- Enter your User ID
- Type in the password you created during the application process.
- Click “Track Funding Progress” to check your NSFAS Application Status.
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327