nsfas at unisa 2023-2024
nsfas at unisa
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government student bursary and loan program that is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training and reports to them. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act 56 of 1999 gave birth to the program.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Your NSFAS at unisa application will not be considered if you
- already had NSFAS funding in 2020.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree / diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a short learning certificate or programme.
- need funding for a postgraduate qualification, with an exception of the following qualifications:
- BTech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
How to Submit an NSFAS at unisa Application
Go to this website page to learn how to apply for the nsfas online application after reading the methods for applying. To avoid rejection, applicants must read the section on “how to apply for nsfas online application” attentively to understand the method for applying to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) board.
The online application forms for the nsfas can be found here. Make sure you’ve read and understood all of the instructions before starting the application process.
Application instructions for the nsfas at unisa
Before submitting your application, read the nsfas application instructions after you have learned how to apply.
Requirements for the nsfas online application
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are important during the application process and must be completed prior to applying for the Scheme to avoid rejection by the NSFAS board.
Very Useful Links