nsfas book allowance 2023-2024
nsfas book allowance
The NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) established a government institution under the Department of Higher Education and Training to give financial assistance to underprivileged students who seek to continue their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
What exactly is covered by the allowance?
Accommodation, living allowance, transportation, and learning materials amounts must all be in accordance with the most recent DHET criteria.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who is eligible for the NSFAS allowance?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
The required documents are as follows:
- Copy of ID
- Proof of household income
- Parents IDs (for dependent applicants)
- Academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR NSFAS ALLOWANCE
- To begin, you must create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click the Apply tab
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2022-2023 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
For all other student-related questions, please contact:
Tel No.: 08000 67327