nsfas online application login
nsfas online application login
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Act (Act 56 of 1999) established a government agency within the Department of Higher Studies and Training to provide financial aid to low-income students who choose to continue their education at public universities or technical colleges. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a useful scheme that provides financial assistance to South Africans.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who qualifies for nsfas online application login
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to apply nsfas online application
If you would like to apply for NSFAS online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
If you are eligible for NSFAS financing, you will be covered until you finish your degree. However, in order to continue receiving this benefit, you must continue to meet the academic requirements. To ensure your continuous funding, all you have to do now is concentrate on studying and passing your modules.
Required documents during the nsfas online application login
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
Instructions nsfas online application login
Instructions are important in every application, read the nsfas application instructions before submitting your application after you have learned how to apply. Requirements for the NSFAS online application
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are critical during the application process and must be met in order for the NSFAS board to approve their application.
Very Useful Links