nsfas status unisa
nsfas status unisa
The NSFAS allowances have long been a source of contention among Unisa students. Because Unisa is a distance university, the NSFAS bursary differs from what other university students receive. Unisa receives financing from NSFAS. Because Unisa’s program differs from those of other universities, students are offered different NSFAS allowances.
When NSFAS has completed the decision process, they will send an SMS, an email, and a link to your myNSFAS account to inform successful candidates of their status. To monitor the status of your application through your myNSFAS account.
If you have not received a response to your application, you may be concerned about your chances of being approved. To discover if you’ve received any responses as an applicant, you can check the status of your application here. Please follow the steps outlined in the step-by-step guide on this website.
How to track my nsfas application status
To check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
- If your application has been successful, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
How to apply NSFAS funding
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Documents needed for nsfas account
On this valuable link, candidates can obtain supporting documentation for application for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
Since instructions are important in every application, read the nsfas application instructions before submitting your application after you’ve learned how to apply.
Requirements for the NSFAS online application
Applicants can find the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) requirements here, which are critical during the application process and must be met in order for the NSFAS board to approve their application.
Your NSFAS application at unisa will not be considered if you
- already had NSFAS funding in 2020.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree / diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a short learning certificate or programme.
- need funding for a postgraduate qualification, with an exception of the following qualifications:
- BTech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Very Useful Links