nsfas uj 2023-2024
In terms of pace and intensity, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) is similar to the cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city that bears its name. The institution is proudly South African, and it is well-equipped to contribute to the realization of higher education’s potential for Africa’s growth. UJ has grown into a diverse, inclusive, transformational, and collegial institution with a student population of over 50 000, including over 3000 international students from 80 countries. UJ is one of the country’s major contact institutions, with 26 public universities making up the country’s higher education system.
“An international institution of choice, based in Africa, and dynamically shaping the future,” says the University of Johannesburg’s mission statement. The mission is, “Inspiring its community to alter and serve humanity via innovation and collaborative pursuit of knowledge.” These are supported by four values: imagination, dialogue, regeneration, and ethical foundation. The six strategic objectives serve as a focal point for fulfilling the university’s declared Vision, Mission, and Values. They also represent a rewriting of the original UJ Strategic Thrusts 2020 in the context of the University’s broader orientation as “The Pan-African” Centre for Critical Intellectual Inquiry, with the primary goal of promoting critical thinking in Africa.
Who qualifies for NSFAS uj?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How to Apply for NSFAS uj
- Visit NSFAS Online Application 2022 portal: www.nsfas.org.za/apply-online-2022
- Then, you create your myNSFAS account
- After that, you click on the “Apply” tab on the NSFAS page
- Update all your NSFAS online Application 2022-2023 information.
- Upload your supporting documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button
Very Useful Links