Brief on National Student Financial Aid Scheme
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a beneficial scheme in South Africa that aims to assist financially disadvantaged students and parents. Jacob Zuma introduced this scheme in the country on December 16, 2017, and it continues to serve residents to this day.
Concern Section For Applicants.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme has requirements that must be followed before applying for financial aid. These are the rules:
- Rule 1: Make sure you meet all of the application requirements to prevent being rejected as an applicant.
- Rule 2: If you have any questions, please get advice before filling out the application form.
- Rule 3: Make sure you follow all of the application’s regulations.
- Rule 4: Make sure you have all of the relevant documentation.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated of accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who qualifies for this funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualifies for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
After reading the methods for applying, click on this link to learn how to apply for nsfas online application. Applicants must carefully read ‘how to apply for nsfas online application’ to understand the procedure for applying to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (nsfas) board to avoid rejection.
Instructions for Submitting an application to nsfas
Every application follows instructions, therefore after learning how to apply, read the nsfas application instructions before submitting your application.
Online Application Requirements
Applicants can go here for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme requirements, which are critical during the application process and must be completed before applying for the Scheme to avoid rejection by the NSFAS board.
Documents needed for appling
How to check your Application status
If you have not received a response to your application, you may be concerned about your chances of being accepted. If you are an applicant, you can check the status of your application here.
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327