Tvet colleges Application 2023-2024
Tvet colleges Application
ABOUT TVET COLLEGE
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (abbreviated TVET) comprises vocational, occupational and Artisan education and training as offered by TVET Colleges.
This band of education and training is also referred to as ‘post-school.
There are fifty registered and accredited public TVET Colleges in South Africa which operate on around 364 campuses spread across the rural and urban areas of the country.
Public TVET Colleges are established and operated under the authority of the Continuing Education and Training Act 16 of 2006 and resort under the Department of Higher Education and Training., meaning that it refers to education and training that takes place after leaving school, even if only with a Grade 9 completed.
DOCUMENTS (CERTIFIED COPIES) NEEDED FOR APPLYING TO TVET COLLEGE
- A copy of the first page of your Identity Document must accompany this application.
- A copy of your Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate or highest qualification must be submitted with your application
- Note: Grade 12 learners must attach a copy of their Grade 11 final results and June or September Grade 12 results. The report must indicate the subjects and symbols obtained and whether the subjects are on the Higher Grade or Standard Grade. If you attended any other higher education institution, an original academic record or certified copies of other certificates obtained previously, must also be submitted.
- Proof of residential address of parents/guardians.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (non-South African citizens)
- A certified copy of your passport must accompany this form. You are required to produce a valid study permit before you will be permitted to register.
- Non-RSA Qualifications. The onus rests with all international applicants to have their school qualifications evaluated by SAQA before submitting this application form. SAQA can be contacted on telephone number: 027 86 010 3188.
Tvet College Admission Requirements
Applying to study or acquire a skill trade as an applicant, there are requirements to be meet before applying to any tvet collages in South Africa.
These written below are the requirements needed when applying to a TVET college:
- You should have a grade 9 certificate: Before applying to a TVET college, you must have completed grade 9.
- You should be at least 16 years old: No applicants under the ages of 16 will be accepted.
- Note that, more advanced courses may require higher certificates: Courses like engineering and higher grade studies require a higher level of education.
- As part of the application process, most TVET colleges ask you to take an admission exam. This allows the college to assess the numeracy and literacy abilities of each student.
- Applicant may need to go through an interview process to be considered.
- ID and proof of residence: Make sure you have these ready when applying to a TVET college.
How to Apply
Before you can for fill your heart desire of becoming a worker in a skilled trade of your choice, as an applicants you need to apply to any South African Tvet colleges of your choice to achieve that. Most at times, how to apply to a tvet college can be a problem.
Follow the steps given below to know how:
- Get an application form
- follow the requirements given in the form to avoid rejection
- fill the given space in the application form
- Remember to attached all needed documents required.
- After send it to address given or any other ways given for submission.
- Step 1: Do the Pre-Screening Test: You will be requested to sign an acknowledgement that you prefer to make your own choice outside of the placement screening report.
- Step 2: Get your application form: All new applications are online and choose your campus to enroll:
- Step 3: Complete your application form in full: Verification of e-mail, ID and cell phone number. Your ID, e-mail and cell phone is used to authenticate you.
- Step 4: Attach all supporting documents: All applicants starting a new qualification are required to upload the following certified documents:
- Birth Certificate/Identity Document (Proof of application for new ID/Passport)
- Recent Academic results
- Municipal billing document/other account statements (not older than 3 months)
- A valid study permit (Foreign national students)
- The South African Qualification Authority’s (SAQA) Evaluation Certificate (foreign qualifications).
- Step 5: Submit your application: A confirmation email will be sent to you with all the application information.
HERE ARE ALL THE TVET COLLEGES AND HOW TO APPLY
Buffalo City TVET College Application
Eastcape Midlands TVET College Application
Ingwe TVET College Application
King Hintsa TVET College Application
King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College Application
Lovedale TVET College Application
Port Elizabeth TVET College Application
Central Johannesburg TVET College Application
Ekurhuleni West TVET College Application
Sedibeng TVET College Application
South West Gauteng TVET College Application
Tshwane North TVET College Application
Tshwane South TVET College Application
Western TVET College Application
Coastal TVET College Application
Elangeni TVET College Application
Esayidi TVET College Application
Majuba TVET College Application
Mnambithi TVET College Application
Mthashana TVET College Application
Thekwini TVET College Application
Uzmfolozi TVET College Application
Umgungundlovu TVET College Application
Capricorn TVET College Application
Lephalale TVET College Application
Letaba TVET College Application
Mopani South East TVET College Application
Sekhukhune TVET College Application
Vhembe TVET College Application
Waterberg TVET College Application
Boland TVET College Application
College of Cape Town for TVET Application
False Bay TVET College Application
Northlink TVET College Application
South Cape TVET College Application
West Coast TVET College Application