tvet colleges near johannesburg
tvet colleges near johannesburg
Central Johannesburg TVET College’s mission is to lead their students to employment and entrepreneurship opportunities that contribute to economic development, through responsive education and training interventions. Their vision is to become a public TVET College of choice. They offer a variety of courses at their six campuses. They urge all their students to apply for NSFAS as it will provide financial relief to households. If looking to study a Nated or NC(V) course then this university is for you.
List Of TVET Colleges Near Johannesburg
Ekurhuleni East TVET College
Ekurhuleni East College is a TVET College and their vision is to empower and prepare their students for the labour market and self-employment. Their mission is to create a good learning environment that meets the Education, Training and Development expectations of their students.
Ekurhuleni West TVET College
Ekurhuleni West College’s mission is to ensure that its students are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills for employment or self-employment. Their website says that their campuses ensure life-long learning and the development of their students.They also award bursaries to deserving students who have excelled in previous semesters.
Sedibeng TVET College
Sedibeng TVET College’s vision is to be the leading TVET College for providing affordable training and education. Their mission is to have their staff provide qualifications that meet the expectations and needs of commerce, industry and the community within the TVET sector. NSFAS Bursaries are awarded to deserving students who come from low-income households.
South West Gauteng TVET College
South West Gauteng College is a TVET college that offers education and training in the NQF Level 2 to 4 and N4 to N6 levels. They offer both Distance learning and e-learning. If interested in following a vocational direction in either Business Studies, Engineering Studies or Utility Studies one only needs to have passed Grade 9, however it is preferred that one has passed Grade 11 or 12. They offer “fee-free” learning to South African’s with a joint household income below R350 000 per annum.
Tshwane North TVET College
Tshwane North College is a TVET College with 385 lecturers and 163 support staff with a student population of between 15 000 and 24 000 per annum. Their mission is to empower their students and prepare them for the world. They offer bursaries to deserving students who have previously excelled at various institutions. Various programmes are offered at Tshwane North College such as Learnerships and Skills, Artisan Development, Modes of Delivery and Open Learning subjects.
Tshwane South TVET College
Tshwane South TVET College strives to equip its students with vocational and occupationally directed skills to reduce unemployment, poverty and to contribute to the economic growth of South Africa. In addition to providing various courses, they also provide deserving students with bursaries to help them financially. At Tshwane, South TVET College learners are given the opportunity to take part in leadership and short skills courses.
Western TVET College
Western TVET College’s mission is to provide quality education and training which would benefit both the students and their community. They offer various courses as well as public adult learning centres for learners that would like to complete AET levels 1,2,3 and 4 (NQF Level 1). If interested in studying any of the courses listed below then this is the College for you.
COURSES OFFERED AT TVET COLLEGES NEAR JOHANNESBURG
- Office Administration
- Finance Economics and Accounting
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
- Engineering and Related Design
- Electrical Infrastructure and Construction
- Information Technology
- Programme 191 Nated Courses
- General Studies
- Utility Services
- Practical Skills Training (Artisan Training)
- Practical Workshops
- Short / Hobby Courses
The NSFAS criteria for TVET students is as follows:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V) or Report 191 programme at any public TVET College in South Africa
- Must be admitted/received a firm offer for enrolment in a College
- Must be in need of financial assistance
- Applicants will qualify if they fall within the maximum threshold of up to R350 000 of combined gross family income per annum
- Returning students must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance (academically deserving) in line with the College’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines (whichever is higher)
- Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded
If you meet these requirements, then you will be eligible for NSFAS TVET College funding which covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, and transport allowances
How To Apply
visit the school website to download the application form
these documents are also needed.
- Certified copies of ID of Applicant.
- ID size photo of Applicant.
- Certified copy of latest school report/results.
- Certified copies of the ID of parent/guardian.
- A unique Email address and a cellphone number.
-International students must have a study permit and also should provide their passport ID
-Applicant should provide ID copies of parents or death certificate(s) if deceased
For more information click here
Very Useful Links