tvet colleges near soweto
tvet colleges near soweto
South West Gauteng College is a public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), formerly, FET college, operating under the auspices of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in terms of the Continuing Education and Training Act, Act No.16 of 2006, as amended. The College is accredited by Umalusi and several Sector Education and Training Authorities (Seta’s) to offer education and training, mostly in the FET band (NQF Level 2 to 4). Some programmes are offered in the Higher Education band i.e. the N4 to N6 levels. At over 30 000 enrollments, the college is one of the biggest colleges in the country.
South West Gauteng College closing dates
The closing date for the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges is 30 November 2023 for the 2024 academic year. Some of these TVET colleges are open throughout the year for specific programmes.
- Business Studies NC(V) LEVEL 2-4
- Engineering Studies NC(V) LEVEL 2-4
- Utility Studies NC(V) LEVEL 2-4
- Report 191/ Nated N1 – N6
- Learnership Programmes
- Skills Programmes
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V) or Report 191 programme at any public TVET College in South Africa
- Must be admitted/received a firm offer for enrolment in a College
- Must be in need of financial assistance
- Applicants will qualify if they fall within the maximum threshold of up to R350 000 of combined gross family income per annum
- Returning students must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance (academically deserving) in line with the College’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines (whichever is higher)
- Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded
If you meet these requirements, then you will be eligible for NSFAS TVET College funding which covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, and transport allowances
How To Apply South West Gauteng
To apply, follow the following steps:
Step 1; Get an application form online or from any of the nearest campuses.
Step 2; Complete the application form and attach all necessary/supporting documents before submitting. The application form will not be process if all the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of ID of Learner/Passport. Passport is required from foreign student
- Certified copies of ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Study Permit. Only foreign students
- Copy Certified of latest school report/Grade 9 or Higher
Step 3; Remember to add an Email address as well as a mobile phone number.
Step 4; Submit application form through hand delivery of through posting. All accepted students will be notify to proceed for registration.
For more information click here
Very Useful Links