tvet colleges 2023
tvet colleges 2023
About TVET Colleges
Tvet also known in South Africa as Further Education Training (FET), seeks to function as a high quality, transformed and responsive system. The government of South Africa uses this system to promote the integration of education and training, as well as the enhancement of learner mobility and progression, to ultimately meet human resource needs. TVET systems are built to address these needs and to further promote personal, social, civic and economic development in their country. Their mission is to provide people with intermediate to high–level skills that would lay a foundation for higher education, facilitate the transition from school to work and develop autonomous life–long learners.
Tvet colleges closing dates
The closing date for the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges is 30 November 2023 for the 2024 academic year. Some of these TVET colleges are open throughout the year for specific programmes.
Courses Offered By TVET Colleges
- Civil Engineering & Building Construction
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering & Related Design
- Office Administration
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Finance, Economics & Accounting
- Business Management
- Human Resources
- Management Assistance
- Financial management
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The NSFAS criteria for TVET students is as follows:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be registered or intending to register on a PLP, NC(V) or Report 191 programme at any public TVET College in South Africa
- Must be admitted/received a firm offer for enrolment in a College
- Must be in need of financial assistance
- Applicants will qualify if they fall within the maximum threshold of up to R350 000 of combined gross family income per annum
- Returning students must demonstrate proven and accepted academic performance (academically deserving) in line with the College’s progression policy or the progression prescriptions of the Bursary Rules and Guidelines (whichever is higher)
- Must not be enrolling for a qualification that duplicates previous learning that was state-funded
If you meet these requirements, then you will be eligible for NSFAS TVET College funding which covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, and transport allowances
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, follow the following steps:
Step 1; Get an application form online or from any of the nearest campuses.
Step 2; Complete the application form and attach all necessary/supporting documents before submitting. The application form will not be process if all the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of ID of Learner/Passport. Passport is required from foreign student
- Certified copies of ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Study Permit. Only foreign students
- Copy Certified of latest school report/Grade 9 or Higher
Step 3; Remember to add an Email address as well as a mobile phone number.
Step 4; Submit application form through hand delivery of through posting. All accepted students will be notify to proceed for registration.
For more information click here
Very Useful Links