unisa nsfas Application 2023-2024
unisa nsfas Application
The NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) established a government institution under the Department of Higher Education and Training to give financial assistance to underprivileged students who seek to continue their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Who is eligible for NSFAS funds?
- All citizens of South Africa
- SASSA award recipients qualifies for
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- Person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
The requirements for submitting an online application to the National Service Foundation for the Arts (NSFA) are as follows:
Applicants can click here to find out what they need to know before applying for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), which are very important to know during the application process to prevent being rejected by the NSFAS board.
What is covered by the bursary?
The amounts mentioned for accommodation, living allowance, transportation, and learning materials must be in accordance with the most recent DHET criteria.
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in an peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in an rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
How to apply
- Go to https://www.nsfas.org.za and look for the tab NYNSFAS and click.
- Create a an account called mynfas
- Click on apply tab
- Upload all the needed documents.
Nsfas contact information
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact NSFAS directly:
Tel: 0860 067 327
Very Useful Links